Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Burn Baby Burn

Like I expected, BURN kicked my butt (in a good way)!! The trainer pushed us hard while we worked between running on the treadmill and strength training circuits on the floor. On the treadmill, we frequently changed speeds and inclines for interval training-- at one point, I was running at 9.2 mph on the treadmill, which was a first for me! For the strength training portion, we did a mix of free weights and core/stabilization exercises. By the end of the 50-minute workout, I was pooped and absolutely drenched in sweat! BURN is SUCH a great workout! I'm positive that I will be taking another class very soon! 

When I arrived home, dinner was already made and waiting for me. (Best husband ever!) Mal cooked homemade pizza with green peppers, onions, mozzarella, and sliced deli ham. Delish! 


I also made myself a side salad with romaine, grape tomatoes, carrots, green peppers, and Claire's relish. Lots-o-volume. 


From above...


Sorry that I am short-winded tonight. BURN was tough! I'm looking forward to my bed, an episode of the Hills, and sleeping in tomorrow. I need a little break from super early mornings. 

Sleep well, blog land! 

8 Comments:

Erica said...

Thats awesome that Mal made you din din :) That class sounds amazing! I love mixed cardio and strength classes! One day I hope to teach one!

Anonymous said...

Ohh man that sammie from this AM looks great... i try to convince evryone to get the Part SKim Ricott... it is like the best for sweet and savory! I am going to be baking something for the nutrition club prty coming up and i eaither wanted to make the cookies you came up with that taste like the girl scout ones or your recent oatmeal bars, which i have not made yet.. which one do youthink would be a bigger hit?

Caitlin said...

yay for BURN class! glad it went well.

Anon said...

BURN sounds super fun. i'm happy you enjoyed it. did that dinner really keep you full afterwards???? the pizza slice looks tiny to me. hope you're studying is going well :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet of Mal to make you dinner - and your side salad is beautiful - and looks delicious. I'd not have thought of adding relish to a salad.
Wow on the BURN class - the mix of cardio and strength especially.... I love the feeling of that "good exhausted" and sweaty feeling after a workout.

Tina said...

sportsnutritionliving,

I vote oatmeal raisin bars! I made these for an office party, and people went nuts over them! :)

Andrea,

Yep, it did. It was actually a huge piece! I didn't even have room for dessert like I usually do!

Bridget said...

I love super sweaty workouts, they feel the best! I need to look into this BURN class, and that pizza looks so good!

Anonymous said...

WOW, that class sounds tough and amazing!!! I wish we had something like that at my gym!!

Can you have Mal talk to Chad and tell him that cooking supper for your wife is a BRILLIANT IDEA!????!