Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Meeting Madness

I've had meeting after meeting after meeting today. Meh. Even though I am getting things accomplished at the meetings, it doesn't feel like I am, especially once I return to my desk and see stacks of paper and emails waiting for my attention. It's days like these that I look forward to "running it off!"

I've been eating breakfast earlier than usual since starting my new morning study sessions. Mid-morning, I needed a snack in a bad way! I dug into a Larabar around 10:30.


Lunch was (surprise!) a lunch meeting. There was only one meal option available (Asian Chicken Salad), which was fine by me! In the salad: greens, red peppers, edamame, carrots, snap peas, mandarin oranges, wonton strips, and marinated chicken breast. It was delicious! I ate all of the veggies, but didn't finish the chicken.


The meeting's lunch also included the amazing (but dangerous) freshly baked cookies from the School's cafe. I snagged a big caramel chip cookie with plans to eat half today and save the other half tomorrow. Somehow, I ended up eating the whole, huge thing today. Yowsahs! At least I have a chance to BURN off some of those cookie calories later this evening.


I'm only working an hour at HW tonight, and then afterwards, I am taking a BURN class with the Assistant Fitness Director. I've never tried BURN, so she thought it was the perfect opportunity for me to give it a try. It sounds like a tough workout!

My pre-workout snack: Chobani (plain flavor) with honey Puffins.


Be back later tonight!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Your work cookies always look so good! Somehow when I make those plans to eat half later, I end up picking at whatever it is until it's gone.
Oops!
Have a great time tonight!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Caramel cookie?? Larabar?? Double deliciousness!!

Have fun at BURN!

Anonymous said...

Days that get eaten up by meetings leave me exhausted - good job getting to the BURN class! And glad the scheduling for studying is working out :-)