Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Downpour!

I had plans to go out at lunch today and run some errands, including making a trip to Whole Foods. However, Mother Nature had her own plans for the afternoon. Just as I finished eating my lunch, the skies opened up and it started to downpour! Holy moly, it looked like a hurricane! Sadly, I didn't have an afternoon adventure like I had hoped. Maybe tomorrow.

Lunch today was a homemade salad with romaine, grape tomatoes, jalapeƱos, and black beans. (If you're curious, I'm getting sick of eating this same salad! We've got slim-pickings in our fridge though.)


I also ate half of a grilled buffalo and cheese sandwich (aka grilled cheese with buffalo sauce)...


... and a banana nut Kardea Nutrition Bar.


L
ike I mentioned in my previous reviews, the flavor and aroma of the Kardea bars are pretty amazing, but the consistency is just not my thing. I don't like sticky/gooey bars.


At my boss's birthday party, I was well-behaved. There were lots of goodies, but I ended up sticking to my Oatmeal Raisin Bars, and ate 2 small ones (1 of 2 pictured) as well as a few pieces of pineapple and cantaloupe (not pictured).


The day is almost over! I have some errands to do right after work, then home to grab a quick dinner, and then off to a much-needed facial later this evening. Can't wait for relaxation!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I've been reading your blog for a couple of weeks now and I can't help but notice your love for everything with Buffalo Sauce. I'm from Buffalo and pretty much everything here is eaten with Frank's Red Hot! You should try to get here for the Buffalo Wing Fest - Heaven!!!

Anonymous said...

i will definitely be making those oatmeal raisin bars soon! they look incredible!

Anonymous said...

yeah, boston weather is not too fun. i had to walk home from class in the pouring rain since i forgot my umbrella. i looked like a drowned rat when i got back!

my favorite unhealthy treat that I just can't give up is Dairy Queen ice cream. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the vanilla soft-serve and had my fair share of blizzards this summer. I know how bad it is for me, but it just tastes SO. GOOD. Luckily I don't have a car on campus and don't know of any close DQ so I'm safe for a while!