Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Good Talk

Having a glass of wine with my friend, Pam, tonight was enjoyable, relaxing, and inspiring. We hadn't seen each other since my wedding, so we had tons to talk about (as always). Pam and I first caught up on the usual stuff, but then we realized that we're both making big changes in our lives. It was nice having someone know exactly how I am feeling and what I am thinking and why I am thinking it. Pam was so supportive of my career decision, and she made me feel even more excited about the coming months. We definitely had a good talk! :)


At 6B, I enjoyed a glass of pinot grigio, which wasn't great, but hey, that's what you get for $6.50 in downtown Boston! 


On my commute, I brainstormed a fun idea for dinner, but when I got home, I discovered the key ingredient was missing: cheese! Grrrrr... we didn't have a single shred! I wasn't in the mood to run to the grocery store, so I decided to alter my plan. I had wanted to make a Mexican baked potato with black beans, salsa, jalapenos, and cheese, but instead, I topped my potato with buffalo sauce and sliced deli ham. It was good, but I think my original idea would have been tastier! 


Dinner also included a big salad with creamy Italian drizzled on top. I'm surprised that I am not sick of eating salad for dinner, but having so many fresh veggies in the fridge encourages me to eat them before they spoil. Might as well eat veggies for dinner! 


I thought about baking something delicious for dessert (I have at least 10 different recipes that I want to try), but I was feeling lazy, and threw together a small bowl of honey Puffins and peanut butter chocolate chips. They were so yummy, I went back for a second serving. Mmmmmm. 


I haven't decided if I am going to workout or study in the morning... all I know is that I will be getting up earl-ly! Time for bed!

8 Comments:

Laura said...

A Mexican baked potato does sound good! Is that a table cloth or placemat you have in the pictures? Whatever it is, I like it!

Anonymous said...

That baked potato looks good! Cheese would've have been awesome if it had been possible...your snack is right up my alley as well! :)

Trying To Heal said...

mmmm...love the after dinner snack...i need to find some pb chips...drool!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

LOVE THE DESSERT!!!! :0)

Good luck studying/working out this morning!

Tina said...

Laura,

They're placemats from Crate & Barrel. Aren't they fun!?

HangryPants said...

Glad you had a good chat with your friend!

I am definitely with you on the millions of recipes to try front! There are just so many good things on blogs these days and even more experiments in my head!

Have a good Thursday!

Bridget said...

I have the same issues with veggies...sometimes I go crazy at the store then have to eat so many so quickly before they go bad!! I think today, though I had to pass on another lunch salad.
Mmmm baked potato sounds really good!

RunToTheFinish said...

Funny your desired dinner was my breakfast.. .a potato with broccoli, salsa and black beans (plus a little cheese).

Didn't realize you are in boston, I travel there for work and I am so jealous you have access year round to that yummy seafood!