Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New Favorite

Lunch was not at all satisfying today. I just wasn't feelin' my salad and pizza combo. I ate the majority of it, but it wasn't exciting. My lackluster lunch left me desiring something more.

My salad was a mix of veggies from home plus leftover Asian Chicken Salad from yesterday. (I snagged a leftover salad at the end of our meeting!) Inside today's salad: romaine, grape tomatoes, green and red peppers, Mandarin oranges, edamame, snap peas, carrots, jalapenos, and marinated chicken. It sounds like an awesome salad, right? Unfortunately, my taste buds did not agree.


Lunch also included a piece of leftover pizza from last night. (Sorry that some of my photos are flipped the wrong way!)


On my way back from a meeting this afternoon, I grabbed a handful of plain M&M's from the department's reception area. It's funny how quickly that can happen!?!


As previously mentioned, lunch did not satisfy. Physically, I probably had enough, but mentally, I wanted something else to eat. I decided to dig into my afternoon snack a little early: a piece of whole wheat bread with peanut butter and banana slices. It was definitely a good food choice; I felt much better after eating it.


Snack Numero Dos

I have plans to meet a friend after work for a drink at 6B. A drink is fine and dandy, but I'd prefer not to eat out tonight (trying to save dinero), so around 4:00 pm, I munched on a Coconut Cream Pie Larabar to hold me over until I get home.

Note:
THE COCONUT CREAM PIE FLAVOR IS HEAVENLY!!!!!! It's easily my new favorite!


Career News

Just today, I registered for the Boston NASM Certified Personal Training Workshop! It's a 2-day live workshop in November that focuses on assessment, exercise technique, and program design. I don't think the workship is specifically designed to help me pass the NASM certification exam, but it will definitely help me put the pieces together and it gives me a chance to experience personal training firsthand! Can't wait! :)

Barney Butter Baby


Dave C. was so excited about winning the Barney Butter contest that he decided to finish his Barney Butter Baby poem! His lyrics crack me up!

To the tune of Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby"


Barney Butter baby (x2)

All right stop open the top and spread it

Tina is back with some brand new snack food

Something that I spread on my bread nightly

And when I'm done, I put the lid on tightly

Will I ever stop, yo I think I might

Read Carrots N Cake its quite a site

To the extreme I eat snacks like a vandal

Spread on the Butter and light up a candle

Eat, then rush to the nearest whole foods

It's pleasing your stomach and fixing your moods

Creamy when I eat a dope bite

Anything less than the best ain't right

Love it or leave it you better lose weight

You better buy Barney Butter CNC don't play

If there was a problem yo I'll clog it

Check out the Butter while Tina blogs it

CHORUS

Barney Butter baby (x4)

Now that the blog is jumping

With the winners checked in and the peeps are writtin'

Quick to the site to the results no faking

I'm dreamin' of Barney B and cant stop shakin'

Cant wait to spread it, so rich and creamy

I went crazy when I heard it was me

A nice free jar with a yellow label

I'm on cloud nine, it's time to get stable

Waitin', of course you know

With my laptop on so CNC can show

The bread is on table waiting with the bagel

Did you stop no I just read more

Kept on reading through the next post

I busted through the blog and I'm heading to the next one

The blog was dead

Yo so I came back to… Carrots N Cake website!

Readers were happy but wishing they had won

CNC lovers thought the contest was real fun

But jealous 'cause I'm out getting mine

Dave C with a jar and its going to taste mighty fine

If there is another game yo I will join it

Check out the blog while Tina coins it

Barney Butter baby

Barney Butter baby (oh-oh)

Barney Butter baby

Yo bloggers let's get out of here

Word to the website

Barney Butter baby so creamy

Barney Butter baby so creamy so creamy (x2)

Barney Butter baby





12 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HOORAY FOR LOVING THE LARABAR!! Definitely a wonderful flavor (duh, haha).

Those lyrics are TOO FUNNY!!! And clever!!

Anonymous said...

That's my favorite flavor too! Coconut makes everything better! :)

Laura said...

I need to try that flavor. I love coconut! That workshop sounds really cool. It definitely sounds like it will be worth the time.

Anonymous said...

Those lyrics had me laughing out loud! Thanks!

Unknown said...

I think I am in love with this Dave C. Those lyrics are hilarious!!! Now I'm humming "ice ice baby"...i mean "barney butter baby!"

Beth said...

Told ya the CC Pie flavor reigns supreme! I think it's just like a Mounds bar, sans chocolate :)

RunToTheFinish said...

hmm never had the larabar, I have Kashi bars a lot... what makes the Larabar better? Or same just different taste?

jack & ginger said...

i just tried my first larabar! YUM!! coconut cholocate chew. tina, i love you!

Meg said...

I want to try the coconut Larabar and the PB one, but I guess I will have to continue to wait. I can't find them anywhere! That workshop sounds amazing. Love the finished lyrics by Dave!

Claudia said...

I picked up a coconut Larabar last night while I was at the store perusing the 'bar' aisle --- very tasty - thanks for the tip! :o)

PS - Do you ever go to the Summer Shack? I moved away from Boston 2 years ago, and it's still my fav restaurant... I miss it!

Tina said...

Claudia,

I've actually never been there! But I've heard it's a great place! I'll have to plan a visit soon.

Grigore Rusu said...

This site http://carrotsandcake.blogspot.com/ helped me a lot, I visit it daily, but I found some useful information here https://bit.ly/34pt8Y8.