Friday, September 5, 2008

Leftovers Atop Salad

Last night's Thai Chicken Noodles + homemade salad = wicked yummy and healthy lunch!


This was my type of salad-- not at all boring! In the mix: romaine, tomatoes, jalapeƱos, black beans, bok choy, lemon-ginger chicken, and whole wheat noodles. I ate every last bite!


I followed-up lunch with a sweet snack made with Annie's Honey Bunnies cereal, raisins, and peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Approximate measurements:

  • 1/3 cup Annie's cereal
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter and chocolate chips
  • 1 tbsp raisins


My lunch kept me feeling full all afternoon. Around 3:00, I was only a tad hungry for a snack, so I decided to take advantage of my Starbucks $2 afternoon beverage. I enjoyed an iced soy latte (straight up, no sugar) at Starbucks while doing a little studying (big announcement about this next week).


Let the countdown to the weekend begin!!!!!

13 Comments:

Ashley said...

Are you going back to school to get your MBA!?

Also, as a lurker I wanted to officially say hello! I thought I had to after we had the same meals last night and same exact leftovers today. I agree with Mal though, some of the Self recipes tend to be a bit bland.

Have a great weekend in Boston:)

bj - flaxseed said...

That salad looks awesome! I'm going to add this to my lunch menu.

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for tasty leftovers!!

"Wicked," haha - haven't heard that word since I resided/went to school in Boston ;0)

The weekend is on its way!!

Anne P said...

oooo are you going back to school to be an RD?!

jenngirl said...

Definitely my kind of salad AND my kind of sweet snack afterwards...I am obsessed with cereal/dried fruit combos, yum!

Have a great weekend! :)

stephreyn85 said...

ooh are you going back to school? I JUST put in my notice a week ago at my full time job and I am going back to grad school to get my MS and become a registered dietician! It was hard keeping it a secret from co-workers over the past year while in night school, but it was the best feeling ever to really give my notice so I can go back full time!

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh, omg, I love surprises :) Can't wait to hear the announcement, have a wonderful weekend!

Caitlin said...

oooooooooo someone's going back to school! HOW EXCITING ;D rd, perhaps??!!

caretoeat said...

Ooh!
I'm excited for your announcement!
-Erin

Andrea said...

a

Andrea said...

i LOVE it when people say WICKED ;) i get so much crap for it at school cause my friends aren't from boston lol. that salad DEFINITELY looks delicious.

i can't wait to hear the NEWS!!!!! MBA maybe??

Bev said...

OMG I just received my Barney butter . I got the crunchy this time.....TO DIE FOR. I should have a look on it !

sportsnutritionliving said...

I love mixing grains into salads because it makes it more interesting and filling!