Friday, September 5, 2008

Leftovers Atop Salad

Last night's Thai Chicken Noodles + homemade salad = wicked yummy and healthy lunch!


This was my type of salad-- not at all boring! In the mix: romaine, tomatoes, jalapeƱos, black beans, bok choy, lemon-ginger chicken, and whole wheat noodles. I ate every last bite!


I followed-up lunch with a sweet snack made with Annie's Honey Bunnies cereal, raisins, and peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Approximate measurements:

  • 1/3 cup Annie's cereal
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter and chocolate chips
  • 1 tbsp raisins


My lunch kept me feeling full all afternoon. Around 3:00, I was only a tad hungry for a snack, so I decided to take advantage of my Starbucks $2 afternoon beverage. I enjoyed an iced soy latte (straight up, no sugar) at Starbucks while doing a little studying (big announcement about this next week).


Let the countdown to the weekend begin!!!!!

13 Comments:

Unknown said...

Are you going back to school to get your MBA!?

Also, as a lurker I wanted to officially say hello! I thought I had to after we had the same meals last night and same exact leftovers today. I agree with Mal though, some of the Self recipes tend to be a bit bland.

Have a great weekend in Boston:)

Anonymous said...

That salad looks awesome! I'm going to add this to my lunch menu.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for tasty leftovers!!

"Wicked," haha - haven't heard that word since I resided/went to school in Boston ;0)

The weekend is on its way!!

Anonymous said...

oooo are you going back to school to be an RD?!

Anonymous said...

Definitely my kind of salad AND my kind of sweet snack afterwards...I am obsessed with cereal/dried fruit combos, yum!

Have a great weekend! :)

stephreyn85 said...

ooh are you going back to school? I JUST put in my notice a week ago at my full time job and I am going back to grad school to get my MS and become a registered dietician! It was hard keeping it a secret from co-workers over the past year while in night school, but it was the best feeling ever to really give my notice so I can go back full time!

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh, omg, I love surprises :) Can't wait to hear the announcement, have a wonderful weekend!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

oooooooooo someone's going back to school! HOW EXCITING ;D rd, perhaps??!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh!
I'm excited for your announcement!
-Erin

Anon said...

a

Anon said...

i LOVE it when people say WICKED ;) i get so much crap for it at school cause my friends aren't from boston lol. that salad DEFINITELY looks delicious.

i can't wait to hear the NEWS!!!!! MBA maybe??

Anonymous said...

OMG I just received my Barney butter . I got the crunchy this time.....TO DIE FOR. I should have a look on it !

Anonymous said...

I love mixing grains into salads because it makes it more interesting and filling!