Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Pats Pull It Off

The Pats won this afternoon! Yay! Of course, I am glad that they won, but to be honest, I barely watched any of the game! I was busy cooking, eating, and chatting... all of my favorite leisure activities! :)

To our friend Jacky's house, I brought a raw veggie platter with garlic-flavored hummus, which was a hit with everyone. By the end of the game, there wasn't much left. 


Also, as an appetizer, there was the most wonderful Hot Wing-Blue Cheese Doritos. I usually don't like junky food like Doritos, but I was surprised just how delicious these tasted-- I definitely ate quite a few! :)


While preparing lunch/dinner and chatting, I sipped on soda water with lime. 


The main course was Hawaiian burgers made with teriyaki sauce and pineapple. The pineapple was freshly cut and so delicious! 


Nice pineapple hat, Jon


We also cooked red potatoes with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. We wrapped the seasoned potatoes in tinfoil and baked them on the grill. 


Burgers and pineapple ready for grilling...


Grill-tastic! The grilled pineapple was my favorite part of the meal! Loved it! 


Hawaiian burgers right off the grill...


Our friend, Adrienne, also made her amazing Buffalo Chicken Dip for our lunch/dinner. I am pretty much obsessed with this stuff-- I could probably drink it! I ate about 5-6 Wheat Thins with Buffalo Chicken Dip. 


My plate... 

It doesn't seem like a lot of food, but I filled up on the veggies, chips, and Buffalo Chicken Dip. 


I ate my potatoes with the Buffalo Chicken Dip-- such a yummy combo! 


We ended up eating our lunch around 3:30, which is why I referred to it as lunch/dinner. It's after 7:00, and I am still not at all hungry for dinner. My lunch/dinner this afternoon is holding me over very well! If I do end up eating dinner, it will probably be something small like a bowl of cereal or peanut butter and toast. 

Did this weekend fly by or what? 

17 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh, love the vegetable platter!

Haha!! Love the photograph of Jon :0)

This weekend felt like it was 5 minutes long, I'm serious...

Anonymous said...

All of that game day food looks great and yes, this weekend flew by!

Caitlin said...

hahahah nice hat, jon!

Jessica said...

That is a SUPER cute pineapple hat - hilarious!! How many beers did it take for Jon to come up with that genius idea? ha ha

Beth said...

ooh would your friend share the buffalo chicken dip recipe? man that sounds great! you had quite a wingy weekend...those doritos are tasty too :)

Unknown said...

nice :) another idea I've been meaning to try (the pineapple burger)!

HangryPants said...

Now that the Pats first win is over with we can officially forget that horrible game last year. :)

Lauren said...

Mmmm... hawaiian burgers sound awesome! Any special seasoning used for the patties? I am such a sucker for adding fruit to savory dishes. Now if only my fiance felt the same way...

Samantha said...

I find when we are busy ALL weekend the days fly by. Your weekend looks super fun - family & friends - can't get any better. Enjoy the evening!
I am curious as to what your studying for - when will you be making the announcement?

Erica said...

I'm a pats fan too! I hope Tom is ok...yuck. Pineapple on burgers is something I've never tried! Looks yummy

Trying To Heal said...

ohhh...that veggie platter looks so good and so does that flavor of hummus!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I seriously want to try that dip.

Love the idea of Hawaiian burgers too, nice twist on the standard bbq meal!

Bridget said...

Go Pats!!
Those burgers look awesome, what a great idea...and I'd also love to know the recipe for that dip!

Quinn said...

That buffalo dip looks awesome! Sounds like a very fun weekend!

Jordan said...

I LOVE that dip, too. I make it all the time. The only problem is how terrible it is for you. It has a whole block of cream cheese + an entire bottle of ranch/blue cheese dressing in it.

See?

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Buffalo-Chicken-Dip/Detail.aspx

Jordan said...

Oh, ha, sorry. 2 blocks of cream cheese and a cup of dressing.

My favorite thing to dip in it is celery. If you ever have it again, you should try that.

One Food Guy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.