Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thai Chicken Noodle Salad

Time was on my side tonight with this quickie meal! From start to finish, it took just 20 minutes to prepare. Love it!


Thai Chicken Noodle Salad
From Fitness magazine, September 2008

Makes 4 servings

10 ounces thick noodles, such as udon or linguine
1 tbsp canola oil
12 ounces chicken breast, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon peeled, chopped fresh ginger (I used tsp of ground ginger)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp lemongrass powder or lemon zest
1 medium-hot red or green chile, finely diced
3 ounces bok choy, chopped
4 lime wedges

Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the chicken, ginger, garlic, lemongrass powder (or lemon zest), and chile; mix well. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Add the noodles and bok choy to the wok; toss well. Serve with lime wedges.

Nutrition facts per serving: 395 calories, 23g protein, 62g carbohydrate, 5g fat (1g saturarated), 2g fiber.


I thought this dish was really great, especially as something new and different. I rarely ever eat bok choy, so it was nice to try a new dish. Mal thought the Thai Chicken Noodle Salad was a little bland, so he ended up adding salt to his portion. I thought the chicken and noodles had plenty of ginger-lemon flavor. I think it tasted "too healthy" for Mal's liking! :)

Of course, I saved room for dessert tonight. I had the usual half piece of whole wheat bread with Barney Butter and peanut and chocolate chips. It hits the spot every time!


I'm planning an early morning workout, so I need to start getting ready for tomorrow. It takes me a good 30 minutes to pack my gym bag and lunch for the next day. It's quite the task! Good night!

***Update***

I totally forgot to add my wine and cheese photo from my other camera. Oops! Right after work, I met my friend, Carole, for a glass of wine and some cheese nibbles. We caught up and sipped our wine for about an hour, and then she had to go back to work! Poor gal! As always, it was wonderful to see Carole!


5 Comments:

Unknown said...

Great looking dinner! And I've been meaning to try bok choy :)

RunEatRepeat said...

I'm going to have to try that Thai recipe. Thai is my favorite kind of food and I would love to make it at home :)

Erica said...

Dinner looks great Tina! I hope you guys have a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

mmmm...thai is one of my favorites.Thanks for the great recipe!

Quinn said...

Your Thai recipe looks awesome! I just got the new Fitness, so might have to add that into the rotation next week.