Thursday, September 4, 2008

Where All the Magic Happens

It's another busy day at the office! Gotta make this post quick! My job gets in the way of my blogging! :)

Lunch today was a homemade salad with romaine, tomatoes, black beans, and jalapeƱos. Like always, the jalapeƱos made the salad!


The other half of lunch was leftover Zucchini Fries, which were very soggy by day #3. Zucchini Fries definitely do not make friendly leftovers.


Attack of the office treats! I love the School's freshly baked cookies, so I treated myself to half of a peanut butter chip one. Totally worth the splurge!!


My snack was vanilla Chobani (the best flavor, in my opinion) with fresh strawberries. Divine! I'm meeting a friend after work for a drink, so let's hope those 16g of protein hold me over until I get home for dinner!


Thought you guys might be interested in seeing where all of the magic happens: my desk! Here's the front view... my desk is always a little messy during the day, mainly because so much is going on! By the end of the day, however, I always take the time to neaten it up. It's so much nicer to come into a clean and organized space the next morning. It definitely starts me off on the right foot!


To the left of my computer: Sigg (hydration!), phone, Rolodex, planner, bulletin board, pens and pencils, stapler, scrap paper...


... to the right of my computer: calendar, files, computer mouse, mouse pad, no-name plant, junk...


I'm off to enjoy happy hour with Miss Carole! See ya later!

20 Comments:

Jenna said...

Hmm...the vanilla chobani looks and sounds amazing---I will have to pick some up this weekend! I'm completely addicted to the plain...I like the texture so much more than Fage! Have a great day! :)

Melissa said...

Thanks for finding the time, even when your busy! I love your cheerful posts... and your creative use of nestle morsels :)

Anonymous said...

that is SO MY LIFE (the job getting in the way of the blogging. oh and the Toddler. I always forget about the Toddler (wink))

M.

Anonymous said...

Please change your picture.

Beth said...

I work in higher ed as well. Would you mind sharing a bit of what you do in your job?

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

LOVE your desk area!! :0)

Have fun tonight!!

Anonymous said...

We have the same phones at my office. :-P

Anonymous said...

Are those "nacho" style jalapenos ??? Hmmm...that may be a great addition to a salad...do you put dressing on that or does the peppers give you that?

P.s. DOn't change a thing on your blog!

Anonymous said...

i need to find that yogurt! everyone is talking about it! .. what is your job? do u like having a desk job?

Tina said...

Anon,

I actually don't like having a desk job. I'm not a fan of sitting for long periods of time.

Anonymous said...

Oooo thanks for sharing your desk!!!! Fun!! Now for some house photos :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for desk photos!

I agree that you shouldn't change a thing, your blog is great the way it is.

Tina said...

Beth,

My job is all over the place! My main responsibilities are acting as the webmaster for 4 different websites, updating curriculum, managing the School's online course evaluation system, collecting practice and culminating experience data, conducting degree audits, advising students, and planning events, meetings, workshops, etc. There's never a dull day!

Chelsea,

Yes, I think they are! They are from a jar. I don't usually use dressing on my salads-- the jalapenos definitely spice it up!

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I didn't realize that you update from work. There is no way I'd have time to do that, but I don't really have a desk job (that is, I'm only on a computer for 2 hrs a day, max).

Caitlin said...

hahah i love the view of your work space... much better than a cubicle!

Unknown said...

I agree about the vanilla chiobani!!

Anonymous said...

Questions to all: what fitness/health/cooking magazines do you like? I have subscription to SELF and love it! I'm thinking of getting more mags to read, what do you recommend?

One Food Guy said...

Nice Sigg you got there Tina. Sigg is my water bottle of choice too, although I can't get myself to recycle all of my Nalgenes. I still want to use them on my camping trips. I know plenty of people that have been long time nalgene drinkers and they still had children...

Anonymous said...

love the cube pics! and one food guy, i still use my nalgene for hiking and other more active trips, too, since i don't feel like the sigg is as durable and i throw my nalgene all over the place. shhhh, don't tell!

One Food Guy said...

I love the nalgene, bad stuff and all, because i can take it on overnights in the mountains in the winter and fill it with boiling water...it heats up my sleeping bag and I have drinking water in the morning!