Wednesday, September 10, 2008

UFood

Our grocery supply at home is completely tapped. I'm usually quite clever with creating homemade lunches and snacks, but when you have nothing to work with, it's time to give up and eat out! :) My friend and I made plans to have lunch at KnowFat this afternoon, but after our 10 minute walk over, we discovered that KnowFat no longer exists (in this location), and was replaced by a new take-out place, called UFood. The motto on UFood's sign was "feel great. eat smart," so we figured we'd give it a try. It did not disappoint!

At UFood, I ordered the Tomato Fresca sandwich, which was made with fresh tomatoes and feta seasoned with herbs, extra virgin olive oil, and cracked black pepper on a toasted baguette. I was pleasantly surprised by this sandwich. It was equally delicious and filling... and not too expensive ($5.25). The bread was soft and thick, and the tomatoes and feta were fresh and flavorful. All in all, a great take-out lunch! I'm sure I'll be back!


It was a big sandwich! I also drank water from my Sigg for a free and healthy beverage.


Even after eating a good-sized lunch, I feel like "Snacky Snackerson." I stopped by the School's cafe for some fruit to snack on (good: apple) and somehow ended up with a cinnamon chip muffin (hello, sugar craving!) I just started nibbling on the top of my muffin, but I know it won't hold me over until dinner around 9:00 tonight (bad snack planning). Moving forward... Better snack planning: Eating my apple around 4:45 pm and a Kardea bar (lemon-ginger flavor) around 8:00 pm.


Announcement: Part I

So, guys, it's finally time for me to fess up. I feel like I have been sneaking around on you! I've mentioned some studying here and there, and my posts haven't been quite as regular as they usually are...

Well, after much thought, I've decided to make a semi-drastic change in my life, specifically with my career. While I mostly enjoy working for a university, I do not like sitting behind a desk all day long. Most days, I sit on my bee-hind for long stretches of time without moving at all, which gets old day in and day out.

After considering what I do not like about my current job, I began to think about what I like to do with my time. Some of my favorite things are blogging on Carrots N Cake, sharing my knowledge and ideas about healthy living, and helping others strive to be their best. Then, I thought, how can I make what I enjoy into a career? The answer was a lot easier than I expected! Well, the decision was easy, but the road to get there is a different story!

Tonight, I begin my journey to a new career. I'm a little nervous about the big career switch, but I am mostly excited! There's a lot more to say and explain about my new plans, but I will fill you in tomorrow morning! I'm such a tease, aren't I?! :)

33 Comments:

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheRavenousMommy said...

I went to KnowFat when I visited Boston...I LOVED it!

Good for you about the change...it's most important to be happy in your career above everything else.

Rose said...

Humm.. it happens tonight... in the evening... are you going to be a personal trainer? life and nutrition coach? something along those lines? do tell!!

Unknown said...

This is so exciting! I totally switched careers at a very young age, so I am all for finding happiness. Can't wait to hear what the decision is. Best of luck tonight.

Heather

Danielle said...

You're cruel Tina ;) good luck with whatever you're doing tonight and I'm so excited to hear more details!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I look forward to the big news tomorrow morning!

Ali said...

hmm...this is intense tina!
Is it a health/wellness magazine author?

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the big news! Good Luck!

Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Congrats on your new career change! It can totally be scary at first, but if you will be doing what you love, it will be worth it!

PonderingRunningYogi said...

I'm interested to hear what your career switch will be! You're leaving us with a clif-hanger until tomorrow?!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

very excited to hear about it!

Anonymous said...

suspense!!! i'm excited for your news :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Tina, very intriguing... I can't wait to find out all the details about your decision. It's very important to love what you do!

Btw, UFood is the same as KnowFat. They changed the name (and did some remodeling) because KnowFat was misleading for some (many thought it meant everything was fat free and "taste free"). We have one right across the street from my house and my husband and I love it! He even owns stock in the company because he believes it's going to be huge :D

-Elina

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

OMG Tina! It's so funny that I read this blog today when I am sitting here at my desk (which happens to be at a University) bored out of my mind and unhappy with my job when I would rather be out there doing something more active and interesting to me! I can't wait to hear more about your change -- you are such an inspiration to me! :)

Tami said...

can't wait to read what you write. as a stay at home mom, i wish i had made some better choices about my education so i could easily get back into the workforce...like a nurse, school teacher PT or something.

Anonymous said...

tina, wtf!!! that's so mean to leave us hanging! sigh.

Anonymous said...

THE SUSPENSEEEEE!!!!!

One Food Guy said...

Oooh ooh oooh! I know, you're going to work at a healthfood store?! No no, that's not it!

Good luck tonight! Can't wait to read all about it tomorrow!

Kelly said...

I'm glad you are making a career change. You sounded like you got bored with your job sometimes. Just making an observation.

Erica said...

You are a tease! I need details! Your lunch looks a lot like mine- except minus the feta plus moz! Glad you've made a decision to change your career for the better! You know we'll be here to support you and do whatever we can!

Anonymous said...

that sandwhich looks so good! I think the bread makes the sandwhich! I'm intrigued by your mystery, I've been toying with a career change as well. What gave you the final push to go for it??

Anonymous said...

And to be contiuned.........

Anonymous said...

Great job on the career move change but BAD move on the not letting us in on it yet. I'm so curious! Haha

Catherine Weber said...

My guess is that you are going to become a personal trainer! But I'll just have to wait and see.

P.S. Re: your post below. I forget how much I love yoga, too! And it's very good for my stinking back.

Becky said...

That sandwich looks delish!
Good luck with the career change! You will have a lot of anxious blog readers in the morning :)

Beth said...

I predict you'll be working for Barney Butter! haha :p

Anonymous said...

Personal trainer?? Holistic health counselor?? I love hearing about life-changing decisions that are made for happiness and fulfillment. Looking forward to the morning!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, the suspense!!!

I'm guessing that you're going for RD. Can't wait to hear!

Bridget said...

Oooo I'm so excited to hear what your going to do!! Maybe this will inspire me to consider a career change someday...I think about it allll the time!

Unknown said...

Hahah i have to agree with Beth that would ot be a suprise.. very anxious to see what it is!

Unknown said...

congrats on your decision, can't wait to hear more :)

Anonymous said...

Can I add group fitness instructor to my guesses?

Tracy said...

Tina! I can't wait to hear! Someone already guessed Barney Butter employee, that would be perfect for you! haha I guess a motivational speaker??